Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Tonight You're Mine



You Instead. Finally a USA release
I had to order this dvd (under its original title "You Instead") from the uk and it only would play in my laptop. Finally its being released to where I can watch it normally.
Its a very predictable story, yes. Alot of people aren't going to like it because of that. It moves at a odd pace for a movie. Frankly it moves more like real life. Its set at a music festival and apparently every scene was filmed in one shot. It has a very natural flow in that sense but is not hollywood and your basically seeing a video tape of these two dragging each other around and all that takes place with them.
2 rival bands get into it at a festival and a security guard decides to hand cuff the 2 singers together to stick it out for the rest of the night. The two are racing around trying to find a way to separate themselves to they can go on as planned but they wind up falling in love.
I love the music and the general spirit of the film. You also get to see some of natalia tenas...

Very predictable. Very cheesy. Very un-original. All that said this is still very good. I recommend this. I say B+
"If musicians can't get along what hope we got?" After Morello (Tena) shakes Adam's (Treadway) car in order to make him stop playing guitar they start to fight. When a security guard drives by and sees them he decides the only way to make them get along is to handcuff them together. That sounds bad enough but they are at a music festival and are both scheduled to play and no one knows where the key is. For those that have been following my reviews you may have noticed that I am not a fan of cheesy, predictable, un-original movies. This movie is an exception to that rule. Five minutes in the two are handcuffed together and after about 6 minutes you know how it will end. That said it is still very entertaining and really fun to watch. The music is actually really good as well and the song where the sample "Tainted Love" is great. This is nothing more then a cheesy predictable love story but even so I enjoyed it and I recommend it. Overall, nothing new and won't keep you guessing but...

Fantastic Film
This movie caught me completely by surprise! I've been watching a lot of British movies and kept seeing this one on trailers so finally decided to check it out and all I can say is WOW!!! Its a very simple film, only 116 min long, but its a very uplifting story. The main premise is two very different musicians get handcuffed together during a film festival and have to work together to accomplish things. I actually met Natalia Tena and she signed this movie for me which makes me enjoy her work even more because she is truely an awesome person :) For anyone who wants to enjoy a simple beautiful story, then Tonight You're Mine is for you :)

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment